In 1905, the Home Mission, Incorporated was formed by five women from the North Baptist Church, Wilmington, Delaware. Two of these women, Amelia Taylor and Elsie Steele, started a Fresh Air Farm for underprivileged children on Meetinghouse Road. Later, children from Ogden formed a Sunday School class at the farm. Additional classes were taught in other area homes as attendance increased. In January of 1921, permission was granted to use the one room Ogden School for services. These services were held at 2:30 on Sunday afternoons. On Oct. 24, 1927, a Trustees meeting was held and the first officers were elected. A charter for the church was filed in the Court of Common Pleas of Delaware Count, Pennsylvania on December 30, 1927. That year was the pivotal year for the church as it was the year that the property on Naaman's Creek and Mill Roads was purchased as well as a portable wooden schoolhouse (bottom photo) from the Marcus Hook school board. The charter was granted on January 27, 1928. In 1929, Rev. Louis Feust began serving as the first pastor of the church while also working for Sun Ship Co. in Chester. In July of 1951 Edward Spencer was called as the first full time pastor. Under his leadership, ground was broken for a new auditorium in July 1955. December 1956 saw the arrival of the second full time pastor, Donald Parvin. In February of 1967, Gilbert Watt arrived to pastor the church. He was pastor for forty years, until his retirement in 2007. Under his leadership groundbreaking for a new building was held in September of 1968. Danny Hicks was called as the Assistant Pastor in 1980. After Pastor Watt retired, the church voted to call Pastor Dan as pastor. Troy Prater joined our staff in 2017 as Assistant Pastor. "Except the Lord build the house they labor in vain that build it." As we look at the heritage that has been left us and the beautiful property that God has provided, we stand in awe of God's hand of blessing on our church. Yet, we know that God has much that He can yet do through us as we work together to serve Him.